One of the most important parts of any beauty regiment is great skincare. Dealing with acne throughout my younger years had kept me on a constant search for effective tips and tricks that are not only affordable but also natural and easy to do at home. Here are some DIY's skincare remedies that have been most helpful to common skin issues. Make sure you remove all makeup and wash your face thoroughly before applying these natural face treatments. Cleansing your face helps unclog pores and allows the treatments to penetrate deep into your skin.
- Moisturize- both in the morning before you leave the house and at night before you go to bed. For soft and youthful looking skin-moisturize DAILY!
- Drink plenty of water (a goal of a gallon a day). Water not only help the body's internal organs with their daily functions but its also the best way to combat many skin related issues such as acne, wrinkles, dryness, sunburns, under eye bags and peeling.
- Use SPF sunscreen (the highest you can find) daily no matter what your skin tone.
- Always apply products to the FACE & NECK! Avoid eye and mouth areas.
- Always remove makeup or daytime skin products on the face BEFORE BED-ALWAYS! I find using the La Perle Makeup Eraser towels are amazing to use on days when I'm feeling lazy; just wet and wipe-That's it!
Soft & Glowing:
- Face Brightening Cleanser. This DIY recipe calls for three simple ingredients: lemon, honey and baking soda. Mix your ingredients and apply to your face for about 15 minutes, then wash off with a warm washcloth.
- Oil Cleanser: Rub a small amount of oil onto dry face and massage into skin for several minutes. To remove, soak a clean washcloth in steamy water and place on face until it starts to cool. Gently use the washcloth to wipe your face until the oil is gone.
- Sugar Scrub: Sugar is a great way to tighten and smooth skin. Mix equal parts of white or brown sugar and olive or almond oil and add essential oils of choice (optional). To exfoliate skin, rub the mixture onto skin and massage in for a couple of minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Acne & Blackheads:
- Blackhead Removal: Wet face with warm water to open up the pores. I sometimes put my face over steamed water (at a safe distance of course). Next, mix an equal parts toothpaste and baking soda and 2 parts water in a plastic or glass dish. Rub mixture on the face (where needed) with a clean soft bristle toothbrush. Gently exfoliate the skin and repeat and needed. Apply everyday before bed to see a significant improvement.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Acne Face Treatment: Put one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a plastic or glass bowl. Add two teaspoons of cooled green tea, add five teaspoons of sugar. Next, put one teaspoon of raw honey and mix well. Spread the mask on your face using a cotton pad and massage it for 3-5 minutes then gently remove with a warm wash cloth.
- Lemon and Honey Treatment: Take a half on a lemon (preferably organic) and put 3-4 drops of raw honey on its surface. Rub the lemon onto face especially on areas on concern. Leave the lemon and honey mixture on you face for about 5 minutes then gently remove with cool water.
*Disclaimer: La Perle Beaute, LLC. and its representatives are NOT licensed medical professionals or dermatologists. Please be aware that these Tips & Tricks are things that we have used and may not work for all. As always, please consult with a medical professional BEFORE starting any skincare regiment/product to the face and body.