The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recommend that sunscreens provide broad-spectrum protection against both UVA and UVB rays, be water-resistant, and have an SPF of at least 30. No matter what your skin-tone ( yes, dark skin needs sun protection too), always make sure your moisturizer/sunblock has the big three explicitly labeled. Below are my top 5 multitasking daily face moisturizers that make sun protection more convenient because there’s SPF right in the formula! Even better, they do it without compromising on effectiveness, the texture of your skin, and mostly is importantly they won’t disrupt your glam makeup!
For Daytime: Top 5 SPFs
5. Olay Complete: All Day Moisture Face Cream with SPF 15, $9
Although this moisturizer doesn’t have an SPF of at least 30, it was one of the first products that I has in my skincare kit and worked well with my very sensitive acne-prone skin. Get extra protection by layering with makeup (i.e. foundation) that has SPF in it as well.
- Fragrance-free moisture cream helps by protecting against the sun
- Gentle formula provides 12 hours of hydration for sensitive skin
- 100% oil-free, fragrance-free and PABA-free formula
- Conditions your skins surface with vitamin E and Aloe
- Rich, creamy formula absorbs quickly into skin
- Non-comedogenic formula won't clog your pores
- Recommended for use by The Skin Cancer Foundation
4. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30, $14
A facial moisturizer with sunscreen, antioxidants, and natural brighteners. Hydrates and protects skin while helping to fade spots over time. It’s a light formula that's perfect for layering under makeup, and leaves skin slightly glowy. Plus, it contains soy extract, which dermatologists recommend for lightening dark spots.
- SPF 30 formula
- Clinically proven total soy complex and natural light-reflecting minerals
- Clinically proven to brighten and even skin tone
- UVA/UVB Sunscreen
3. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 70, $10
I learned about this moisturizer from my dermatologist’s office. At first, it looks thick like a typical sunscreen but once ouy rub it in your hands and evenly distribute on face and neck it feels lightweight and non-greasy not to mention it’s water resistant for 80 mins.
- Helioplex(R) Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB
- Lightweight Clean Feel, Fast Absorbing
- Water Resistant (80 Minutes)
- No.1 Dermatologist Recommended Sun care
2. Elta MD Skincare: UV Clear SPF 46, $30
I’m a huge fan of this product! It doesn't just absorb quickly, leaving zero chalkiness or residue behind; it also evens skin tone and minimizes redness and soothes my acne with a 5% concentration of niacinamide. I also love the tinted version for extra coverage of blemishes.
- Lightweight, oil-free formulation
- Provides broad-spectrum protection
- May be worn alone or under makeup
- Calms and soothes skin
- Ideal for sensitive or acne-prone complexions
DRUM ROLL PLEASE...!!!
1. Cetaphil Derma Control: Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30, $15
This is my Holy Grail of daytime moisturizes with SPF! Not only is it formulated for acne prone skin but its light weight formula absorbs right into the skin without disrupting any makeup application and even helps with oil-control!
- 3-in-1 formula to control oil, hydrate, and provide broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- Micro-pearl technology provides a matte finish
- Formulated with Oleosome technology which uses fewer filter: less irritation, greater hydration
- Shown to reduce dryness and roughness in patients using acne prescription treatments
- Paraben free, fragrance free, won't clog pores
Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30, $60
An antioxidant-packed facial moisturizer. Hydrates skin, reduces free-radical damage, and provides broad-spectrum protection. The vitamin C (antioxidant) fights against aging rays, making it a great daily moisturizer.
WARNING: While it's not as thick as straight sunscreen, it may be too rich for oily skin. Recommended for combination to dry skin.
To be forever young ALWAYS remember to protect your skin from the sun! Hope you've enjoyed this top 5 countdown. Comment below with your favorite daytime, skin-protecting moisturizes. :)