Ok ladies I’m sure we all can remember the day we took those vows to never to buy beauty supply store hair again. We all got tired of matting, shedding, and the plain ol' mess taking care of it. Now that virgin hair is the biggest thing to take over the world, we all are just craving to get our hands on it. But having virgin hair and maintaining it can be a challenge if you don’t know what you’re doing. Whether your hair is single wefted or double wefted, it may not be a big difference when it comes to shedding. Double wefted is always the best and efficient way to go! It may be a longer process and it may be a bit more expensive but the reduction of shedding is remarkable and effective. Always make sure that you co-wash your hair before sealing your wefts and always use the best quality conditioner. We all want our hair to last as much as possible because buying virgin hair is truly an investment not anyone can afford. I am here to say today that we are here to help! We can help you maintain your investment up to 2 years and keep it looking new every time. Although, while it’s nearly impossible to totally prevent shedding here are some steps to help reduce it.
Steps to apply weft sealant:
1. Choose the right sealant for your hair! Some weft sealants are made specifically for your hair without leaving residue.
2. Use a cloth or newspaper and lay flat. Make sure the area you’re working on is a large surface such as a table or counter-top.
3. Lay your extensions out on the table and use something to anchor the ends of the hair. You will need something to anchor the hair so that the hair lays out flat and you can clearly see the wefts.
4. Open La Perle weft sealant (you can find our sealant in our "Shop" tab) that has a brush applicator and apply glue directly over the stitches of the weft. (For a tighter seal, turn the weft upward and glue from the top. Using this process will cover both stitches at once)
5. Try not to get any glue on the actual hair itself this can ruin the hair and eventually seal them together. Make sure the sealant soaks thru the hair and let your hair dry for about 2 hours.
6. Once dry, flip hair over and seal the other side as well.
7. Move on to the next bundle.
Following these steps will help your virgin hair keep its life for many years if maintained properly. And always remember ladies your only as good as you feel so rock out today and always remember to stay glam!